On 2024-03-13 00:09, Andrew C Aitchison via mailop wrote:
Given that the advice for SMTP is often to allow tls 1.0 and 1.1,
rather than have it revert to unencrypted, this will is something to
watch out for.

TLS 1.0/1.1 have been deprecated in March 2021 (RFC 8996). Systems that are unable to use TLS 1.2/1.3 had not been updated for at least 8-10 years. I don't see why I should accept mails from these hosts. In fact since we stopped accepting TLS 1.0/1.1 we have also reduced the number of spam delivery attempts as these hosts are almost always on of these old and never updated hosts …