> Of course, in some (most?) cases the target MX host will not be final
> delivery target and will forward message to some MDA, eventually over
> multiple MTAs, but i will consider that as internal thing (secured by
> some way).

> IMO in most cases it is reasonable to forget about hop-by-hop nature in
> SMTP as argument nowadays. Or i miss something?

Totally agreed Slavko; thanks for putting this so succinctly.  These days (our
customers are almost all B2B to be fair), we see that the sender has full
control of the email client, MTA and outbound SEG (if any) which then sends the
email directly to the recipient's inbound SEG (if any), MTA, and email client.

No middlemen any more not under the clear control of either the sender or the
recipient that we see, so no excuse not to be able to support >/= TLS 1.2 with
known secure ciphers.

Regards,
Mark