On 03/09/13 09:24, Peter FELECAN wrote:
This is a recurrent argument. If it had prevailed we still provide
packages for Solaris 8.

Let me repeat it again, in the hope you will read it this time: I am advocating only keeping SUPPORTED VERSIOBS.

<snip irrelevant comments about an obsolete unsupported system>

Note that Solaris 10 U11 provides Samba 3.6.8

It's patched to 3.6.15, actually. And I've pushed 3.6.18 to OpenCSW.

I am using OpenCSW's Samba on Solaris 10 because Sun and now Oracle update path is a complete blackhole, and impossible to predict or influence. They are updating it now, but who knows why or for how long?

As a reminder, our goal is to provide an up to date, i.e. state of the
art, package set for Solaris 10 and greater. Samba 4.0.9 corresponds to
this definition.

Gee, thank you very much. That had just completely escaped me.
But luckily, Samba 3.6.18 also corresponds to that definition, just as GnuPG 1.4.14 and MySQL 5.5.33.

Peter, I am asking you to please make more effort to read other people's posts and not distort their meaning.

Thanks.

Laurent