This is a MapHist list message (when you hit 'reply' you're replying to the
whole list)
o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o +

Dear Vladimiro

While agreeing with everything you have written I do think we may have
missed the point a little. My reply was to point out to / remind Stefan  that
there was at least one other name connected to this particular projection.  I
have no axe to grind with the projection per se.
Secondly, there are a lot of people out here who are not  learned (your
bold type). I do classify myself as a lover of  maps and an amateur collector
and perhaps know a little more about these  wonderful works of art than many,
but I do not classify myself as learned as I  still have much to learn.
Thirdly, and most importantly, we have not given poor Stefan many sources
which he can refer to which was his original appeal. (Sorry if I have missed
any  besides Joost's references to his father's work.)

Maybe some of the learned community out there can give him some decent