I am a relative newcomer to the world of MapInfo.

I work with 1:20,000 maps that have as their coordinate system the NAD
27 (Canada), UTM zones 15 and 16.  My problem stems from the fact that
MapInfo's default coordinate system is Lats/Longs and when I create a
1000 m  grid to superimpose on the maps, that grid is lat/long based and
not UTM based.  I realize that I have to change the coordinate system
that MapInfo uses, and I have tried to follow the directions in the
manuals, but have become hopelessly lost.

Will some helpful soul please e-mail me a brief but explicit set of
instructions to get me out of the rut I am in?

Thank you kindly,

John Scott
[EMAIL PROTECTED]