The first and foremost thing that I always name in thest AV vs MI duke outs
is the incredibly weak and unintuitive query functionality in AV compared
to the pretty powerful SQL database querying available in MI.  Few others
seem to be bothered by that---at least it doesn't get mentioned in many
comparisons I see. I think the differene in querying alone makes MapInfo so
far superior to ArcView that I only use AV to look at a shapefile before I
convert it to MI.  Then there's the inability of AV to run for 45 minutes
without crashing, but that's another story. Anybody else think the power
and straightforwardness of MI's query building is the major reason they use
it rather than AV?

Tim Rood