From: Bill Thoen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 1999 9:26 AM
To: MapInfo-L
Subject: MI Need to find an expert on wireless GPS

Hi folks,

I'm looking for information about the technology involved in
wireless GPS. By that I really mean that I'd like to learn about
what's possible/available for say, a fleet tracking system to be
able to track vehicles using a combination of GPS and cell phone
(i.e. pager) technology. I want to see about eliminating all the
radio gear currently used for this and replacing it with
something that can tap right into the phone system and, of
course, the internet. I am also interested in issues that impact
this approach in rural areas as well as in cities (which have
unique GPS problems of their own down inside those urban concrete
canyons.)

Anyone have any advice or know of any resources or experts I can
ask?

TIA,

- Bill Thoen