Dear Cesar

We use runtime a lot. Ther are virtually no porting implications - just
make sure you show menu bar!

Here in the UK runtime must only be used with one MBX app. ie you cannot
have a computer with one runtime and two MBXs for say highway app and
planning app.

There are two versions - a Runtime (R/O) read only that is good for
viewing thematics etc and a Manipulator that allows creation and editing
of MapInfo tables.

It is designed for developers to integrate MapInfo into a turnkey
solution. It works as you ask with MapBasic but also with VB, Delphi
etc. It is basically full MapInfo but with no menus or toolbars shown (
they are all there though if you create your own menus and call the
built in ones).

Obviously you are not supposed to expose all functionality as this would
"cannibalise" the sale of MapInfo Professional but for most turnkey
users they only need about 10% of functionality.

We use it for Map Production and Highway applications. I Recommend it!

Bob
www.bydesignwales.demon.co.uk

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Maiorino, Cesar D.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes