Andy & others

You can by using the Str$( ) wrapper around the objectinfo command. You
need to substitute the MapBasic.Def codes (which I've included at the
bottom)

eg. For points

Select * from <TABLE> where Str$(ObjectInfo(obj,1)) = "5" into RESULTS

The number after obj stands for the Mapbasic equivalent of
OBJ_INFO_TYPE, while the number 5 in quotes stands for points which you
may freely substitue with other objects - see table below.

OBJ_TYPE_ARC                     1
OBJ_TYPE_ELLIPSE                 2
OBJ_TYPE_LINE                    3
OBJ_TYPE_PLINE                   4
OBJ_TYPE_POINT                   5
OBJ_TYPE_FRAME                   6
OBJ_TYPE_REGION                  7
OBJ_TYPE_RECT                    8
OBJ_TYPE_ROUNDRECT               9
OBJ_TYPE_TEXT                    10

This should help -one of the tricks of the trade.
Cheers

Mike

Mike Eden
Senior Technical Services Manager