From: Sam Kome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: G E O I N F O <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Mapinfo-l <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wednesday, November 17, 1999 12:37 AM
Subject: Re: MI MapX and Oracle...PLEASE HELP

Gatot,

I hear you and will help if you can (re)mention the specific problems, however I have to say that I don't use the Oracle Dev tools.  The last time I checked them out, they had OLE compliance issues which prevented them from winning my heart. I would think that by now they would be able to take advantage of any OCX like MapX; is this not the case?  What is the error or trouble?
As far as connecting MapInfo/MapX to Oracle 7.x or 8.x, you may use ODBC, or in the latest version of MapX (v4.0), ADO.  As I recall, the Oracle tools at least provide for ODBC, although they like to use OLE (which is nice).

I'd like to hear more about the specific problem.

Sam Kome
Sage Software