When I try to open a table through an application that after I have
correctly launched  an instance of Mapinfo through:

Set MyMapInfo = createobject("MapInfo.Application")

and I try to open a table through

msg = "Open Table "
msg = msg & """"
msg = msg & """"
msg = msg & MapNameArray(i, 1, BrowserNo) 'Contains the string as a path to
a mapinfo table
msg = msg & """"
msg = msg & """"
MyMapInfo.Do msg

I receive an error message saying:
MapInfo:
Cannot open file system32. It may be open or in use. when I cancel the
message box I'll get an run time error can't open table.

I'm using Windows NT.

Any thoughts

Harald Schölzel
Economist Civil Engineer
c/o SOPAC South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission
Private Mail Bag
Suva, Fiji
Tel: Business (679) 381 377 private (679) 386 236
Fax: (679) 370 040
Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mirror URL: http://www.sidsnet.org/pacific/sopac/wru