Hi Harald,

This could be because a previous instance of MapInfo has not been closed
properly. You must quit the VB/Mapinfo application cleanly by issuing a
close all and set MyMapInfo to nothing. Have a quit menu command calling
something like this:

Private Sub Exiter()
MyMapInfo.do "Close all"
Set MyMapInfo = Nothing
End

End Sub

However, there will be times when Mapinfo will crash/not quit cleanly
(happens a lot during development). To cure this, do Ctrl-alt-del to call up
the Windows NT Task Manager. Close any instances of MapinfoW.exe listed in
Processes. Should do the trick!

A tip for you: you can use Chr(34) instead of """" to get the speech mark
character (though the ASCII code might depend on which character set you are
using).

Hope this helps,

Pete
Ordnance Survey, UK