Hello
I'm trying to layer several grids in VM2/ Grid view to represent the data
layers that exist.  The layers include hazards, DTM, bathymetry,
orthophotograph, etc.
1.      I would like to update the existing grid (DTM) by adding building
heights to it, so that they appear as extrusions on the DTM.  Each building
is represented by a region object.  The information attached to each object
includes the height of the building in storeys. The regions were converted
to a grid with the Region to Grid utility, using the building height for
elevation. Using the Grid Splicer utility, the building grid is stamped on
the DTM.  The projection and the grid units of the two grids are the same.
The resulting grid has pockets where the buildings stand.
2.      Can a building grid be represented as columns with a transparent
base in Grid View?
3.      Can a drape file be created with a transparent background?  (Grid is
not visible in the layer).
Please do email if you would like me to clarify the above questions or if
you know of a simpler software to use.
TIA
Litea