I tried this- no change.
I tried getting support from my ISP, but they are unwilling to help.
(mapserver?  we don't know anything about that- ask the support forum)

Has anyone else had success or problems with bringing up MapServer on a hosted website?

Tara

Gregor Mosheh wrote:
Tara Athan wrote:
I found libgdal.so.1 in /home/alttwois/local/lib
On running ./mapserver -v, I get the same error message as before

/home/alttwois/public_html/cgi-bin/mapserv.real: error while loading shared libraries: libgdal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Well that's bizarre. How about this?

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/alttwois/local/lib" /home/alttwois/public_html/cgi-bin/mapserv.real -v

That's all one line. That sets the linker path on the command line, then runs the command.