On 14/02/2011 public sector wrote: > in my eyes the development of the projects OOo and LO hasn't much split yet > and so why aren't we using (if possible) the OOoCon for as a platform for > presentation and knowledge transfer. We are a fork but I don't think we are > enemies. We also have to think of the costumers the most part of the > presentations might be interesting for both LO and OOo Users.
I was wondering the same when coming back from FOSDEM and greeting the volunteers who had been serving at the LibreOffice booth with "See you at... ?". The OOoCon 2011 organization is still in the hands of Charles Schultz (i.e., a TDF Steering Committee member) as far as I know; at least, he was taking responsibility for it at the end of OOoCon 2010 and I haven't seen any statement from him saying the OOoCon Paris is canceled. Moreover, OOoCon has always been a place to discuss anything related to OpenOffice.org in its broadest meaning (including ODF, including interesting presentations and even keynotes about derived products such as Symphony, RedOffice, Go-OO, NeoOffice, OOo4Kids...), so I don't see anything preventing LibreOffice from being one of the "stars" at OOoCon 2011. Needless to say, I know nothing about what happened at CeBit; but sharing a booth at a fair seems a totally different issue than the annual family gathering. Regards, Andrea. -- Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [email protected] List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/marketing/ *** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
