Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
> You were at FOSDEM?

Sure. I spent a good couple of hours at the nice LibreOffice booth on
Saturday for what was meant to be a quick chat with Italo (Italians, you
know...), but I didn't manage to attend the track on Sunday since I was
giving two presentations at the co-located DrupalDevDays event.

> There will be no OOoCON in Paris in 2011, at least none that I would be
> organizing. And please remember that I no longer have any role in the OOo
> project.

OK (actually, you don't need a role in OOo to organize a OOoCon, hence
my doubts).

> I do not believe that LibreOffice is one out of many others in the OOo
> derivatives. But we may disagree here :-)

I'm not saying LibreOffice does not stand out of the pack, I'm merely
observing that it will take until 2026 before OpenOffice.org and
LibreOffice have spent more than half of their development history as
separate entities... Code from the 1994 StarOffice is still being used!

> In any case, we're working towards having a LibreOffice Conference in
> 2011 in Paris. Hope to see you there!

Nice to know! Then let's hope we meet at both events, and that we manage
to see each other this time!

Regards,
  Andrea.


-- 
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [email protected]
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/marketing/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Reply via email to