-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 On 06/09/2012 04:10 AM, Marc Paré wrote: > I would like to propose this: > > That the "LibreOffice in the Press" entries be input into a Google Calendar that could be read both on the wiki as well as on the website. The location of the link on the website would be under the "About Us" button next to the "Events Calendar" button. > [...] > The present "LibreOffice in the Press" is really not being used for any purpose other than the occasional dissection for marketing purposes. This will raise its profile on our website and create more of a "buzz" for the product. We could still pull data from this form of reporting for marketing purposes. [...]
+1, although with a nuance concerning using Google tools. The tasks at hand and the tools required should be two different decisions here. I agree we need a better way to share such resources but most importantly, to welcome and encourage people to keep an eye on such references and gather+curate them. Using a tool like Zotero - http://www.zotero.org - we could help preserve and curate such content while making it available to press & scholars (and the general public too), and inviting them to contribute without requiring a Google account. This would be specially useful to people preparing proposals, studies and research for LibreOffice.. while using LibreOffice + Zotero :D I am no expert with Zotero, but I know a few. I personally favored using bookmarking tools (ala Delicious) like Semantic Scuttle because that's what I knew best, but I am learning about Zotero to use it as I see more potential there. Zotero "is free, open source reference management software to manage bibliographic data and related research materials (such as PDFs). Notable features include web browser integration, online syncing, generation of in-text citations, footnotes and bibliographies, as well as integration with the word processors Microsoft Word, LibreOffice, OpenOffice.org Writer and NeoOffice. It is produced by the Center for History and New Media of George Mason University (GMU)." (from Wikipedia). It's also another way students / researchers in academia are discovering / using LibreOffice, increasingly. Regarding Semantic Scuttle, see http://l1bre.ca/l/bookmarks.php/magicfab/libreoffice+press for an example - add "+en" to the query for English bookmarks only. Both Zotero and Semantic Scuttle - http://semanticscuttle.sourceforge.net/ - are similar in the service they'd provide to what Italo Vignoli did at some point with Evernote: http://www.evernote.com/pub/italovignoli/lofrench - which requires an account there, I believe :( Zotero and Semantic Scuttle are also free, open source software which can be implemented on TDF's own servers for mutual benefits. When you think about this kind of approach it is very consistent with the TDF mission and goals. Yes, it requires more effort & time but we need to aim for this in addition to the easy / quick solutions first. In fact Semantic Scuttle/Zotero can be used to feed other information sources. I recently was hospitalized after a surgery that had some complications so my time is limited for this during the next 4-8 weeks, but I am gradually coming back to online / FLOSS consulting activities. This reminds me to focus a bit more on gathering such resources (press) in either/both my Zotero/Semantic Scuttle accounts, so in a few more days I may be able to better make my point and help more with this. If others feel this makes sense we can work together, otherwise I am happy to share my resources and compare results later on so the best decision can take this forward. Cheers, Fabian Rodriguez http://libreoffice.magicfab.ca -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux) Comment: PGP/Mime available upon request Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/ iEYEARECAAYFAk/TUAcACgkQfUcTXFrypNWAeQCgxmKCKKHZqxSA8z/cao0mrlaL qmQAnR6lsoZg8UZh0WfUYQb1grcVQ+wJ =5eto -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- -- Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [email protected] Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/ Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/ All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
