Le lundi 25 juin 2012 à 17:23 +1000, Jean Weber a écrit :
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Charles-H. Schulz
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Florian,
> >
> > Could we please take out the "ODF plugfest" mention and replace it by ODF
> > Track? It seems that IBM is vehemently refusing to allow the official ODF
> > Plugfest to occur at the LibreOffice Conference.
> 
> 
> Wow, really? Do they have an excuse... sorry, reason?


Their reason is that "in order to avoid any friction, ODF plugfests
should take place in neutral venues, for instance not in LibreOffice
Conference or AOO conferences". The problem is of course that there has
been so far zero AOO conference, and already one LibreOffice Conference.
I don't see why it's bad to have an ODF PLugfest at the LibreOffice
conference or at any AOO conference, or even KDE Summit, for that
matter. There are multiple implementations of ODF out there, and it's an
advantage, not a problem. But the "neutrality" argument is always pushed
in such a way that TDF is the culprit, and I'm getting tired of that. 

I am very much in favor to keep our ODF Track without the ODF Plugfest
tagging on it, and in fact I think that instead of a "track" we should
turn it into a specific hackfest on  ODF, where everyone (I mean,
*everyone*) would be invited to join. What do others think?

best,


-- 
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-Founder & Director, The Document Foundation,
Zimmerstr. 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint




-- 
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [email protected]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Reply via email to