Le lundi 25 juin 2012 à 12:06 +0200, Italo Vignoli a écrit :
> Charles-H.Schulz wrote:
> 
> > I am very much in favor to keep our ODF Track without the ODF Plugfest
> > tagging on it, and in fact I think that instead of a "track" we should
> > turn it into a specific hackfest on  ODF, where everyone (I mean,
> > *everyone*) would be invited to join. What do others think?
> 
> I agree on the concept of the hackfest, but OTOH I think it is now time
> to put together and make public online a collection of all the written
> opinions against TDF and LibreOffice which are coming from a group of
> people led by Rob Weir.
> 
> I have just been in Ancona at the Italian Free Software Conference, and
> all the poeple I have talked to are aware of what is happening at ASF
> (and appalled by the fact that ASF is now an IBM proxy).
> 
> So far, we have answered FUD with data, with the result that we have had
> Apache OO people escalating to the point that they have presented a rant
> against TDF/LibreOffice from the LinuxTag podium.

Whaaat?

> 
> I think that we should just put together raw data (screeshots) without
> comments. Other people will be able to connect the dots and develop
> their own opinion.
> 
> SAOSA (self-appointed open source advocates à la Rob Weir) should start
> to be recognized for their peculiarities, and judged by authentic free
> software advocates for their [de]merits.

Well... I don't want to troll and I think we have more constructive
things to do even with AOO and ASF (which I think is a reputable
foundation and has been a net plus for FOSS).
But  sometimes it's also useful to call FUD what it is; and this
negative energy spread around by a few rotten apples helps no one. If
anything, it shows how immature these apples are.

Best,


-- 
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-Founder & Director, The Document Foundation,
Zimmerstr. 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint




-- 
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [email protected]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Reply via email to