Hi Charles,

On 14/08/2018 17:57, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:

> what message are we trying to send here? It may be simpler than
> the previous one but I am not sure I'm getting it...

We previously just had the 3D icons, with no message at all. This newer
design attempts to provide a bit more information straight away:

* What it is (free office suite)
* Who makes it (a community)
* That anyone can get involved

So people who've never come across LibreOffice before get immediate
information about what it is, without having to find the specific box on
the social media page that provides more information (which sometimes
requires a click to expand).

So I think it's better than just icons with no meaning at all. Of
course, in the future we can experiment with other designs. We could do
the cliched "smiling people sitting in an office" but I think people
don't pay any attention to that.

We can also use group photos from LibOCon (we still have that on the
Google+ page, as we have a much more technically minded community there,
so I think it's especially important to emphasise the project). But for
general awareness spreading I think we need to make it absolutely clear,
from the first second, what LibreOffice is...

Cheers,
Mike