Hi,

Kato-san have managed to translate Fedora 23 release post in our
Zanata testing machine of which I managed to extract from wordpress.

I've uploaded source file and translated file in Japanese, plus
screenshot of the Zanata for the editor.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B-mREHKL688gZHNmSFdoTkg4Tjg

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 7:27 AM, pravin....@gmail.com
<pravin....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3 November 2015 at 06:08, Ryan Lerch <rle...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 11/02/2015 06:07 PM, Alex Eng wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've managed to import a post from Fedora magazine in html file into
>> Zanata and pull out translation file.
>>
>> The question now would be how will Fedora magazine import the html? (in
>> translations)
>>
>> Is there something in wordpress that allows translations for an article to
>> be imported?
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 3:45 PM, Alex Eng <loones1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've logged into http://fedoramagazine.org/wp-admin/ with my FAS account.
>>> Username: aeng
>>>
>>> Can I please have access to pull source for each post?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Alex Eng

>> --
>> Alex Eng
>>

>> Yeah, I have been doing some research into this, and there seems to be two
>> plugins that are most popular for presenting localized content. They both
>> work in similar ways -- when you edit a post, there is a tab for each
>> language that you put the localized content in:
>>
>> 1. Q Translate X -- this one seems to be the most popular, and more
>> polished than the second option. There have been several other ones like
>> this (qtranslate, mtranslate) that seem to be abandonded now, and this one
>> is the active fork of those projects
>

> Nice.
> Alex in that case may be we can simply start one new project in Zanata
> specifically for Magazine and put content of one article into it. And ask
> L10N to translate. We can use it for testing purpose.
>

>> 2. WPGlobus [https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpglobus/] -- seems a little
>> less polished and popular than Q translate X, but it does have a plugin that
>> allows us to present translated versions of the featured images, which
>> qtranslatex does not do. We routinely have text in the feature images, so
>> this might be a good one to consider too.
>>
>> I havent looked at how to automate this however -- wordpress does have an
>> XMLRPC interface, but not sure if you can interact with these plugins via
>> that interface. The other option is to manually put in the translated
>> content into wordpress via the edit pages.
>

> Manual will be tricky but may be for Proof of Concept, let go with it :)
>
> Regards,
> Pravin Satpute
>
> --

Alex Eng