> From: acolor...@gmail.com [mailto:acolor...@gmail.com] On

> And that's part of the problem. We need AOO-german nationals to work
> on transfering that communication into english (not only translate but
> present it). Otherwise we are behind a language paywall (and yes I
> know Gtranslate is good for german but still is more than translation)
> is context.

Yes, but there is also another way of viewing: local working is local and each
of interested in it, must get involved locally.
I know a lot about OpenOffice, but sorry, I'm not a translator and translations
are hard work for me, and make me not fun.

Please understand me correctly, I mean that it is a practical question weigh up
how to get to the greatest possible success, is often the part of the
international community be possible, but sometimes it's better to focus on
local possibilities.
It is for many of the employees at AOO interested, an important detail, the
language in which they have to perform the communication. If they need to
perform communication in English they will not participate, because they too
difficult.

> People at the TDF are very active in germany marketing team, yet in
> AOO camp,  marketing hasn't been a priority which bring us back to
> questioning what's the aim of AOO for pushing it's brand value into
> organizations.
>
> Unfortunately Apache cares a lot about avoiding being un-represented
> more than the succes of the project. I think is important to evaluate
> the future of AOO beyond the scope of development.

I read it several times, but am not safe what you mean.

Do you mean good public relations work for AOO is equally important as good
programming? Then I agree with you.

Greetings,
Jörg