On 8/24/14, Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de> wrote:
>> From: acolor...@gmail.com [mailto:acolor...@gmail.com] On
>
>> Yes but the damage most time is NOT local. And that makes us act
>> globally and locally. There was a big misstransalation of the news
>> mainly because of sensationalist titles that affect the global
>> perception of Open source (not just OpenOffice).
>>
>> However we are target and we want to clear as much of the fog created
>> by sensationalism and also misstransaltions. Having germans write up
>> (in english) like you are doing right now allow us to have a clearer
>> image of the situation. Unfortunately we dont have much community
>> involvement by the IT people from the Munich council here, which could
>> help us to even clear even more the communication pipes.
>>
>> That said, AOO has the biggest voice, since we can launch a campaing
>> and will target enterprise costumers on what the real details and why
>> AOO has succeed in Munich despite the somewhat erroneous news.
>
> You mean that not at all members of the AOO community know what it is in
> Munich and we therefore need translations so the situation is
> understandable?
>
> If so, I have been misunderstood, because I believed the situation in Munich
> would generally (and internationally) known.
>
> In the event that it would matter the situation in Munich to make it clear I
> could even write something about it, because to me the situation is well
> known. Would it be quite useful to do that? Perhaps as a blog post in
> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/?

If you havent really read all the articles, the media is backpedalling
from what it was a greatly missconstrude headline news.

This article introduce some corrections:
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/no-munich-isnt-about-to-ditch-free-software-and-move-back-to-windows/

Of course a week later after the news broke and like we all know, the
public end up with the first impressions.

> Greetings,
> Jörg

Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor