Bob Malecki wrote:

>All depends on where you are coming from. Heard that plutonium has quite a
>high rating and I doubt if gold,silver or diamonds will disappear.
>Recently Koreans were sending all their jewels and gold to the state to
>save it.
>
>To believe that paper will replace the standard of gold I think very
>superfisal..

The international monetary system has been severed from gold for 25 years.
Now admittedly this is but an eyeblink in the grand sweep of history, but
it *has* happened. I know it's very empirical - or "superfisal," if you
prefer - of me to point this out, but how does this all fit into your fine
theory?

A plutonium standard would be very interesting - it'd give new meaning to
the term hot money!

Doug