Charles Brown

Victor victor
Of course objectivity reality exists, but we have to realize that what Marx,

Lenin and other intelligent Marxists like Ilyenkov meant by objective
reality is not  reality contemplated by some totally uninvolved
philosophical being.  Just the reverse is true objective reality is only
known through what Lenin calls "revolutionary practice", the transformation
of one object into another through labour.  It is only when we know how and
under what conditions (including of course our own activities) an object
becomes something else that we cognize its real character.  This is as true
of the child knocking about a gewgaw hanging over his crib as it is for the
physicist smashing atoms.

There is virtually no aspect of human knowledge (not human activity) that is

truly a priori.
Oudeyis

^^^^^^
CB: Yes,in saying that objective reality exists, I did NOT indicate any
break
with The Theses on Feuerbach ,esp. 1, 2 and 11 here.  Marx distinguishes his
materialism from all those hitherto existing by  by making the subject
active not contemplative, like Feuerbach.  Practice is the test of theory,
otherwise it's scholastic. Philosophers have interpreted the world, the
thing is to change it.

Lenin's _Materialism and Empirio-Criticism_ is thoroughly infused with
Engels' elaboration of these principles in _Anti-Duhring_.

^^^^^^^
CB: There should be a "not" above (capitalized), "I did NOT indicate, etc."

Marx terms the activity of the active subject practical-critical, or
revolutionary activity.

Engels defines practice as experimentation and industry.

Through practice we turn Kant's things-in-themselves into things-for-us,
hopefully, though that's harder said than done. Even Einstein's discoveries
are problematic as to whether they turn some things into "for us" or "agin
us".  General Relativity's main impact in most people's lives has ben as
premise for nuclear fission, I think.   Nuclear weapons are
things-against-us.

What about influence at a distance ? Fields of energy and humans being
influenced by the world at a distance :>)