On 09/24/2014 02:45 PM, David P Á wrote:
Wait a moment here, are you trying to say US marines are "the best
people"? Yes, we should definitely talk about that, as one in many of
the crimes of US imperialism, ongoing today. If your point is the FSA
should be excused because "the best people" (i.e., US imperialists do it
too) that seems to aspire to a particularly twisted and depraved standard.
I just remembered that Ron Kovic was a US Marine and Ron Kovic is a friend of mine and the fact that you would lump him in one indiscriminate group as "US imperialists" has made me angry all over again.

Ron Kovic has been fighting US imperialism from a wheel chair for more than four decades. Ron Kovic called Vietnam: American Holocaust "essential viewing for the American people," was a consultant on the film and a financial contributor. Ron Kovic has been a steadfast defender of me and my views on Libya and Syria (views which he shares) within the Los Angeles "left" as I have been constantly attacked by "anti-imperialist" a-holes like you.

So you thing you are a better person than Ron Kovic?

If you want to apologize to him personally, I can give you his phone number. If not, f*ck you and the horse you rode in on!

Sincerely,

Clay
Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu