#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 11/16/14 4:20 PM, Jeffrey Masko wrote:
I've used /The American Ruling Class/ too as a performative documentary
mode and it's worked well. Especially when looking at higher education
as one of the ways we reproduce class structure in the U.S.

One thing I would do differently is to put workers in the foreground. Lewis Lapham just didn't consider the need for putting them ahead of experts, no matter how qualified they were. I'd love to interview a radical subway worker et al.