#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Right on Kathleen!

As Jeff said, I posted the original article not knowing about the political
background of the author, but sickened over the story as well as why no one
on this list mentioned it - one week after it had occured!

I had been in the movement for many years before I learned about the true
scope of the mass rape of German women perpetrated by the Red Army at the
close of WW2. The uncomfortable silence over such a stain on the record of
a (degenerated!) "workers' state" is similar to the discomfort of some in
laying responsibility for this New Year's Eve attack.

We are champions of the working class, yet when a section of that class
engages in utterly reactionary behavior, we should feel no reluctance to
condemn them in the strongest terms. When Trotsky spoke of the racist
attitudes of white American workers towards Blacks including lynchings, he
said that "we must teach the American beasts!" The same goes for attackers
of women. I would think this to be ABC for "Marxists."

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Kathleen McCook via Marxism