#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Louis Proyect wrote

You can find out in an HM book due out in September for only $185.

http://www.brill.com/products/book/what-went-wrong-nicaraguan-revolution

I think that this is sad. Several years ago, Sebastian Budgen replied testily to my complaint about these prices, and the fact that proceedings of Historical Materialism conferences are not made available until they are sorted, sifted and delivered upon us much later in the form of these preciously-priced volumes, explaining in justification that they later came out as Haymarket books at a much cheaper price <http://www.brill.com/products/book/what-went-wrong-nicaraguan-revolution>(I have that exchange in a file somewhere). <http://www.brill.com/products/book/what-went-wrong-nicaraguan-revolution>He didn't offer that this applies only to a limited proportion of the conference proceedings and a limited number of the Brill books, and that those that made it that far came out so much later on Haymarket as to be several years old news. He also attributed the failure to get out conference proceedings to limited volunteer staff. He should maybe visit other, less exclusive venues who tape and transcribe and find volunteers among a dedicated left to do it, including Left Forum, Democracy Now! and The Real Network News. <http://www.brill.com/products/book/what-went-wrong-nicaraguan-revolution>

Budgen also complained that I had cc'd my message to CPGB's Weekly Worker ('of all places!'), to which I answer that theirs was the only substantive review of the HM conference that I could find. And he said something to the effect that I was dividing the left. So who is what?
<http://www.brill.com/products/book/what-went-wrong-nicaraguan-revolution>

---