#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 5/15/16 7:15 PM, DW via Marxism wrote:
Well...my understanding is that Brill's target audience are institutions
and not individuals. I have zero problem waiting a year for a book to be
published as was noted, by Haymarket Books. So what? In fact, Haymarket
does publish *all* Brill's works, or has the right to do so, if it's from
the HM series.

I have a big problem with this. The issues being addressed in HM books are of interest to a global audience. For many people, the cost of a Haymarket paperback is about as prohibitive as a Brill hardcover especially if you are living outside of the USA. I got a feel for that sending the book on Syria to people in Europe. Speaking of that book, Ukant sold it for cost ($15) just like all the other books they publish. Is that the case with Haymarket? I doubt it.

This may sound radical but I feel that Marxist books should be published on the Internet. That addresses the cost question as well as distribution. Of course, many Marxists feel that they should be paid if they spend a year working on a book but to tell you the truth they can make more money working for McDonalds than what they'll get from Verso.