#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

“But where will you get arms for the whole proletariat?” object once more
the sceptics who mistake their own inner futility for an objective
impossibility. They forgot that the same question has been posed before
every revolution in history. And despite everything, victorious revolutions
mark important stages in the development of humanity.

The proletariat produces arms, transports them, erects the buildings in
which they are kept, defends these buildings against itself, serves in the
army and creates all its equipment. It is neither locks nor walls which
separate the proletariat from arms, but the habit of submission, the
hypnosis of class domination and nationalist poison.

It is sufficient to destroy these psychological walls – and no wall of
stone will stand in the way. It is enough that the proletariat should want
arms – and it will find them. The task of the revolutionary party is to
awaken this desire and to facilitate its realization.

https://www.marxists.org/archive/trotsky/1936/whitherfrance/ch00.htm