#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

There can be no doubt that there exist a strong state-capitalist sector in China. As we know this is not so exceptional in the history of capitalism and has been also the case in other countries in the past (e.g. France, Sweden, Austria).

It is however wrong to characterize China as a state-capitalist system as somewhat different to a capitalist state. Don't forget that more than 70% of China's national output is produced by non-state companies.

It is also mistaken to see the capitalist class in China as weak and atomized. They have strong connections to the political leadership. And China is the country with the biggest or second-biggest (according to different studies) number of billionaires in the world.

I refer again to the various studies and documents which we have published and in which you can find a number of figures and sources on these issues.

They are collected here: https://www.thecommunists.net/theory/china-russia-as-imperialist-powers/