#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Evidently you haven't read Michael Robert's blog. There is a lot of
resistance obviously. I think there is capitalism in China but it doesn't
seem to be like the kind of capitalism that responds simply to market
pressures, stock dividends, or profitability. I find it odd that investment
there is not geared to solely toward profitability based on, what all
capitalism is today, speculation and moving paper around. But I would
challenge you Michael to show how this is simply warmed over Nasserism or
Peronism. It seems very different than that. If you think there is an
effective finance capitalist *class* I'd like to see it. China represents a
very strange bird though it's obviosuly a form of "capitalism" dusting off
a worn appellation like 'bonarpartism' (which is what you are doing) simply
isn't very helpful.

David