  Like much of the Hebrew bible (and of the philosophic tradition of the West)
it's a consideration of the implications of the Abrahamic doctrine of creation
-
a notion admittedly not found in the Greeks (or elsewhere) - with (Greek)
philosophical tools.

He quotes Wittgenstein, "Not how the world is, but that it is, is the mystery."
The former is the province of science. "God" is the label we put on the answer
(which he insists we do not know) to the question about the latter: "Why is
there anything instead of nothing?"

It's a category mistakes to suggest that one can appeal to creation to explain
why the world is one way or another. Being created makes no difference to the
universe; you can't find, as it were, God's fingerprints on the world.
"Intelligent design" is therefore incompatible with the traditional
Judeo-Christian doctrine of creation.

God is the unknown answer to the question that the universe by its existence
poses. Of course, the Abrahamic religions say more - each claims that that God
has in some sense spoken - at Sinai, in Jesus of Nazareth, and/or the Qur'an.