Actually, Thomas wasn't much of an apologist for feudal society.  Son of a noble
family, he displeased them by joining an urban movement that renounced family
and property, the pillars of the feudal system. His group was excluded from the
universities but forced their way in, over the objections of the real
"apologists for feudalist society."

Contemporary Thomists, speaking of the popular (and essentially pagan) image of
deity, paraphrase Bakunin.