How about this one from Bakunin's "God and the State":

"If God actually existed, it would be necessary to abolish him" which
amplifies God as an idol: of class society, an idea as I recall that Marx
touched on.

http://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/bakunin/works/godstate/index.htm

My copy of this work has as its epigram, Herzen's evaluation of Bakunin:
 "this man was not born under any ordinary star, but a comet"

and then Aquinas obviously was an apologist for  feudalist society run by
land Lords; I mean when was it ever said "Jesus is Serf"?