/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
If you're trying to log in as root, you're out of luck. Try some other
login ID, then, run "su -" to get in as root. There's a new telnetd in
RedHat 6, that has some interesting anomalies. You're supposed
to be able to get around this by putting the port name in
/etc/securetty, but I've not been successful, even following the
directions in the FAQ on RedHat's web site.
If other ID's fail, there's some other problem. Check out
/etc/hosts.allow and your masq rules. Let us know, if this is the
case.
Good luck.
Charlie Shoemaker
From: "Josh Lothian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date sent: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 00:49:49 -0400
Subject: [Masq] Telnet no longer works
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
>
>
>
> I have an interesting problem. I recently reinstalled RedHat 6 on my
> MASQ'ing machine Previously, i could telnet out from and into the masq box
> with no problems. However, now, I can only telnet out from the internal
> machines form behind the masq machine. When I try to telnet out directly
> from the masq machine, to the same server, I get the login prompt, but it
> says i have an invalid password. Same thing happens when i try to telnet
> into the masq box from the internal network. Anyone have any ideas what
> could be causing this? AFAIK, it is setup the same exact way as before.
> Any help would be gretaly appreciated.
>
> --
> Josh Lothian
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
> You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/