/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
Hi all,
I just recently implemente David Ranch's TrinityOs masq/firewall, and not
knowing much about Linux (but willing to learn) I would like to consult
about the meaning of some log entries that I am getting:
Jan 18 16:16:56 lnx kernel: Packet log: input REJECT eth0 PROTO=6
208.49.251.197:
3965 255.255.255.255:23 L=60 S=0x00 I=33313 F=0x4000 T=55
Jan 18 16:16:56 lnx kernel: Packet log: input REJECT eth0 PROTO=6
208.49.251.197:
3967 my.ip.add.ress:23 L=60 S=0x00 I=33315 F=0x4000 T=55
I get about a dozen like those a day from different ip adds to different
ports; 0,21,139,8080,60000, etc.
Also, why on the first entry the destination is 255.255.255.255:23 ?
Should I worry? Any comments?
Thanking you all in advance.
Arturo
--
Arturo Esquivel
MIS Manager Gerente de Sistemas de Informacisn
Cumex Electronics, S.A. de C.V.
Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Tel +523-656-2781 Fax +523-656-8193
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.