/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Yes, you sent a REJECT notice to the source (207...) IP.

152.163.245.99 is an AOL destination

Port 5190 is used for AOL's proprietary protocol
Port 5190 is also used for Instant Messenger
(including Netscape and Compuserve-branded IM)

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Jake Colman wrote:
>
> I also sometimes see the following entry:
> 
> ============================================================
> 
> Jan 22 21:49:05 firewall kernel: Packet log: output REJECT ppp0 PROTO=6
> 207.198.222.202:61519 152.163.245.99:5190 L=40 S=0x00 I=43538 F=0x4000 T=127
> (#50) 
> 
> ============================================================
> 
> Since it is an "output" rejection, it means that I disallowed something from
> inside my network and refused to let it over the interface, right?  Does
> anyone know what this could be?

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to