/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Hi;
I have a small LAN behind a masq'd box for more than a year now.  It's been 
running fine using dialup.  Just within the past 2 days, the connection has 
not been working.  when I start the PPP script, a connection is made, but 
it does not route traffic over the PPP0 interface.

when I type "route" BEFORE the PPP connection is made, I get the following 
message:

kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use 
Iface
localnet             *               255.255.255.0      U        0        0 
      39  eth0
loopback           *               255.0.0.0             U        0 
       0        5    lo

I then start the PPP connection, logs indicate a successful connection is 
made, and an IP assigned to ppp0 is displayed on the screen.  Then, when I 
try and view the routing table all I see is:

kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use 
Iface

and the cursor hangs.  When I try and ping an IP outside the LAN, again the 
cursor hangs until I  do a ctrl-c.

when the PPP connection is manually closed, again the local routing table 
is successfully displayed.

I'm running slackware 2.0.34. What would cause this, and were would I check 
to fix it?  This is strange, since I've not changed anything on my linux 
box.

any comments would be appreciated.

thanks
------------------------------------
Brian R Tuley

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to