/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
>made, and an IP assigned to ppp0 is displayed on the screen. Then, when I
>try and view the routing table all I see is:
>
>kernel IP routing table
>Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use
>Iface
>
>and the cursor hangs. When I try and ping an IP outside the LAN, again the
>cursor hangs until I do a ctrl-c.
Glad to hear that you found out that your ISP change IPs for DNS and you
caught it. You should rag on them for that BUT...
in the future, you should use PPPd's option to use dynamically assigned
DNS servers via the MS-extensions. If you supported this, this wouldn't
have happened.
--David
.----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
!---- ----!
`----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.