/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


This should be an easy one..... but I am having the worst time with it!  I want
to forward any port 80 requests received on my eth0 (10.87.240.30) interface to
port 80 on 10.255.239.30.  I also want to MASQ the packets so that the request
is returned the same way it was sent (I have two paths in this instance).  Here
is my ruleset, which I thought would do it but obviously not....  I have a
sniffer on the 10.255.239.0 segment and see the packets coming onto the segment
with their actual originating address, not the address of eth0 on the masq'ing
machine.  Input on this problem would be appreciated!  TIA, Phil

eth0 addr = 10.87.240.30
eth1 addr = 10.255.239.2

=======================================================
/sbin/ipchains -P input ACCEPT
/sbin/ipchains -P forward ACCEPT
/sbin/ipchains -P output ACCEPT
/sbin/ipchains -F

#  forward requests received on eth0 port 80 to 10.255.239.30 port 80
/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm portfw -f
/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L 10.87.240.30 80 -R 10.255.239.30 80

#  any packet sent out the eth1 interface need to be masqueraded
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -i eth1 -j MASQ

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to