/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


On  7 Feb, Fuzzy Fox wrote:
> Ouch..  I really thought that "autofw" was the subsystem that showed
> this problem, and that it was "portfw" that managed to avoid it. 
> Perhaps that's not the case..?

I wonder if that's a feature or not.  
 
> This tells you that a local process that binds a wildcard socket will
> receive a port somewhere between 1024 4999.  If you don't want it to use
> that range, enter some different numbers:
> 
>     # echo 3000 4999 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range

That did the trick -- Thank you!.  I can now play SFC _and_ get my
mail (:
 
> That's only 2000 ports, but if your firewall doesn't make many local
> connections, it will probably be fine.  Or you could redirect to another
> range, such as 8000-12000.  Whatever you feel comfortable with.  :)

Were do the NAT ports start?  In my case i used 2301 4999. 

> I have seen people use port-range syntax on portfw commands, but it
> doesn't work when I try it.  Maybe I just have an old version.  Or maybe
> people are posting off the top of their heads, rather than actually
> trying out their examples.  :)

Sure as hell doesn't work for me either.  I was reading/dreamin
g someplace about using ipchains to mark the packets, then using
"ip_masq_mfw" but I'm not sure how it would work.

Do you have any idea how/how well  that loose-udp game module works?


Thanks again.

-- 
Matt Valites    ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
The Axium - http://www.axium.net

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to