/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


On  8 Feb, Fuzzy Fox wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean here.  Masq ports?  The masq subsystem will
> redirect traffic to the range 61000-65096, well out of the way of
> typical (and even atypical) usage.

That was my question.  Thanks for the info.  

 
> I don't actually see how the mfw method could avoid collisions with
> local port usage, though.

I have no idea how any of them would avoid this collision.  I'm not
sure how the "ip_masq_autofw" does it's magic. 


> It's not a module, but a patch to the masq system that's enabled by
> default in kernels 2.2.11(?) and above.  I don't know how well it works.
> Am I the only guy on the Internet not trying to play any games?  :)

Hmm, there aren't any options in "# make [menu|x|]config" that
enable/disable it AFIK.  I'll have to look into it some more.  

Multi-player games are black holes of my time.  It almost would be
better if I couldn't get them working (:  In fact it's the only reason
I keep a Windows Box around anymore.

-- 
Matt Valites    ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
The Axium - http://www.axium.net

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to