/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


> > IP MASQ HOWTO's FAQ question 7.27 Asks "IP MASQ works fine for a while but
> > then stops working.  A reboot seems to fix this for a while.  Why?"  and
> > it answers that using IPAUTOFW is the culprit.
> 
> It can also be caused by a tcp bug in the early 2.2.x kernels.
> 
> > I have this exact problem but I do not use IPAUTOFW or have it compiled
> > into my kernel.  What else can cause such symptoms?  (I'm using IPCHAINS
> > and Red Hat 6.0.)
> 
> 2.2.5-22 is the latest kernel provided by RH for 6.0.  Have you kept up with
> the security updates for 6.0?  See the errata page at
> http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/rh60-errata-general.html for full info.

Yes, my kernel is at 2.2.5-22.  At what kernel level was the TCP bug
fixed?  Where can I learn more about the specifics of that bug and fix?
 
  Alan Baker

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to