/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Thanks to all who are working on this module.  It is greatly appreciated!

I'm having trouble compiling the module.  I've followed the steps very
carefully but I must still be doing something wrong.  Here are the details:

Using RedHat 6.2 kernel 2.2.14-6.1.1.  Masqerading is working fine on a
cable modem connection.

When I download the module from
http://www.coritel.it/projects/sofia/nat.html it's called ip_masq_h323.c
(not ip_masq_h3231.c).  I've copied it to .../net/ipv4/ip_masq_h3231.c as
the instructions say.

The line I've added to the .../net/ipv4/Makefile is "M_OBJS += ip_masq_ftp.o
ip_masq_irc.o ip_masq_raudio.o ip_masq_quake.o ip_masq_h323.o"

When I make modules everything behaves but no ip_masq_h323.o is ever
compiled!  My next attempt was to change the filename to
.../net/ipv4/ip_masq_h323.c.  This results in a series of error messages
like:

ip_masq_h323.c:1: parse error before `<'
In file included from /usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/linux/module.h:23,
                 from ip_masq_h323.c:32:
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h:25: warning: type defaults to
`int' in declaration of `atomic_t'
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h:25: warning: data definition has
no type or storage class
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h:33: warning: type defaults to
`int' in declaration of `atomic_t'
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h:33: parse error before `*'
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h:34: warning: function declaration
isn't a prototype
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h: In function `atomic_add':
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h:37: `v' undeclared (first use in
this function)
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h:37: (Each undeclared identifier
is reported only once
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h:37: for each function it appears
in.)
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h:38: `i' undeclared (first use in
this function)
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h: At top level:
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h:41: warning: type defaults to
`int' in declaration of `atomic_t'
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h:41: parse error before `*'
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h:42: warning: function declaration
isn't a prototype
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h: In function `atomic_sub':
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h:45: `v' undeclared (first use in
this function)
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h:46: `i' undeclared (first use in
this function)
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h: At top level:
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h:49: warning: type defaults to
`int' in declaration of `atomic_t'
/usr/src/linux-2.2.14/include/asm/atomic.h:49: parse error before `*'

There are a lot more.  If you need to see them please let me know where to
send an attachment.

I'd love to get this working.  Any help would be appreciated!


Stuart Rauh
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to