/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Jose M. Sanchez wrote:

> That's not the case here.
> 
> He wants to use the ISP assigned IP's thru NAT... I.E. his private hosts use
> the same IP's... which is why I raised the question... What for?
> 
> I believe that he is very confused as to his mis-stated purpose.
> 
> Clarification is in order.
> 
> Jose M. Sanchez wrote:
> 
> > Doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of NAT/MASQ?
> >
> > Edgar Camacho wrote:
> >
> >> I need to do a NAT (Network Address Translation) for the security in my
> >> Private Net. I have a group addresses Internet that my ISP gave us.
> >> Therefore I want to match My addresses Internet addresses whith my
> >> addresses  Private. May you tell me how I set this with ipmasquerade
> 
> of course not. there are as many purposes and anyone can think of.
> this use of 1:1 NAT means that you don't have to change every host's
> ip address every time you change isp (at least, if you are using ip
> addresses assigned to you by your isp which is common these days).

perhaps. that's not how i interpreted it.
he says wants to match internet addresses
with private addresses. i assumed that the
private addresses were those of his hosts.

raf

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to