On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Jon Oransky wrote:
> Ok, I have IP Masq set up on my linux machine, I also have 2 other
> computers, one w/ NT the other w/ 95.  What is the best way to set up an
> FTP site on my NT machine w/ IP Masq.  Some people have told me to just run
> SAMBA and map the files from the ftp site onto my NT machines drive.  Would
> this be the ideal way of doing it? or should I use ipautofw to forward all
> incoming to port 21 to my NT machine?  If ipautofw is a good solution, what
> do I need to do exactly to set this up?

I'm not sayting that it's the "best" way as you put it, but the way I did
it for my machine was to use samba, and just map things into my /home/ftp
directory.

Good luck, and keep us posted,

MarkJ

``We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights
of ordinary Americans ...'' -- Bill Clinton (USA TODAY,
11 March 1993, page 2A)

My main goal has always been to be in the position that I'm not
ashamed of what I've done or am doing, and that I'm doing the
best I can. -- Linus Torvalds