Hi folks,

[ sorry for the cross-post, but devs on both lists will care about this]

I just went through the exercise of pasting 100 randomly chosen
examples from the gallery into the new ipython console with inline
graphics.  Report:

- 98 worked perfectly: the figures I got were identical to those on the website.

- 1 had minor visual differences:
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/pylab_examples/quadmesh_demo.html:
in the SVG render, the masked region
appears black instead of transparent.

- One produced an error:
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/axes_grid/simple_axisline4.html

   ...: plt.draw()
   ...: plt.show()
   ...:
Received invalid plot data.

But when I save the file and try to load it  into firefox, it seems to
indeed be bad SVG:

XML Parsing Error: mismatched tag. Expected: </g>.
Location: file:///home/fperez/ipython/ipython/bad.svg
Line Number 287, Column 3:</svg>
--^

In summary: we can run pretty much any MPL example by straight
copy/paste, and the only two glitches I see are in the SVG data
itself.  Once the other two buglets I reported earlier get fixed up,
this will be a very nice way to interact with MPL.

One small request: is it possible/easy to add to the MPL examples a
little 'copy to clipboard' button or link?  Now that one can
copy/paste wholesale examples into an interactive session to explore
them, it feels annoying to have to highlight the whole text box and
then do Ctrl-C or menu->copy.  It would be really nice to have a
one-click 'copy to clipboard'...  But I have no idea if that's easy or
hard in HTML...

Anyway, I think we're starting to be in pretty good shape!

Cheers,