On 14 September 2010 11:08, Gökhan Sever <gokhanse...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1-) When one downloads a script from the matplotlib gallery via an external
> script (name it load_into_ipython or open_with_ipython) the contents of that
> gallery script (or any python script) can be executed locally inside an
> ipython session.

Not to be difficult, but I should point out that allowing users to run
code with one click, particularly if that code is from a wiki or other
user-submitted gallery, is just asking for trouble. How long before
someone submits "import os, shutil;
shutil.deltree(os.environ['HOME'])"? Or sneaks it into some otherwise
inoffensive script?

> 2-) Matplotlib gallery might turn to an interactive environment where you
> can execute the script from right within your browser and change parameters
> in the same browser window. As far as I know mpl figures can now be drawn on
> html canvas. This might for sure boost the number of matplotlib audience.

Is there a sandboxed browser plugin? Or server plugin, depending on
where you run the script?

Anne